BIND Journal Foo

After doing some updates to my DNS set up I ran some standard checks. And it took me a while to realize that for some reason my zone didn’t load correctly and the secondary server was used. So I dove into the logs and low and behold I saw this: zone journal rollforward failed:… Continue reading BIND Journal Foo

Wicd On Ubuntu Fails To Start Foo

Running Ubuntu, like most mainstream Linux distribution, means nowadays automatically that your computer gets exposed to the NetworkManager and its sideeffects. Maybe this tool might work for some desktop users, but it definitely never worked for me. It is cumbersome to configure, doesn’t like if an interface is managed manually or you want to change… Continue reading Wicd On Ubuntu Fails To Start Foo

Harddisk Foo

I had my fair share of harddisk failures in the past and last night I got hit again. If anybody had problems accessing my site, then please accept my apologies. One of the hard drives in my server failed, which in itself is covered by the software RAID. But for an unknown reason the MySQL… Continue reading Harddisk Foo

R.I.P. Medibuntu

While trying to update my desktop box, which is still running Quantal, I saw these nice error messages: W: Failed to fetch 404 Not Found W: Failed to fetch 404 Not Found W: Failed to fetch 404 Not Found W: Failed to fetch 404 Not Found E: Some index files failed… Continue reading R.I.P. Medibuntu

Eclipse Huge Tab Bar Foo

On my odyssey to find the right desktop environment for me I am back in Gnome land. In its latest incarnation Gnome 3 it looks nice and seems to be actually usable. I still don’t like that they removed more or less all useful configuration options. But finally there are some tools that make up… Continue reading Eclipse Huge Tab Bar Foo

Categorized as Foo, Linux

CloudPress Foo

In the wake of all the NSA scandals I finally took the time and created a full blown cloud solution for my family. I used a lot of components that are readily available (Owncloud, Roundcube, WordPress, etc.) and could create a very well rounded solution for us. In order to integrate everything I used the… Continue reading CloudPress Foo