As described before, I started ripping some audio from DVD’s. Of course I started listening to my new collection and was a little bit disappointed with the result of one of my self made concert recordings. Nearly all the MP3’s seem to start too late. Some research and I was not the only one having that problem with transcode. But in my case it was more a bad authoring. Whoever created that DVD cut the tracks really, really badly.
During my latest clean up I found a couple of DVD’s from which I would like to have just the audio as an MP3. Here we go…
First of all I needed to know the structure of the audio tracks on that DVD. Digging through the Ubuntu repository brought lsdvd to my attention. A quick install:
aptitude install lsdvd